I always wanted to try to make a pulled pork burger. This is one of my favourite burger and let’s be honest in Europe, you don’t find it everywhere. Furthermore, when you have guests, I find it easier to make pulled pork burger as the cooking process is already made, no need to cook steak with different timing for each guests. So easier and tastier!
For the pulled pork, I created a recipe for Coca Cola blog but it is in French and German only so I will translate it below for you :).
I suggest to make more pulled pork and then freeze it so you have some leftover for next time :).
- 1,3 kg roast pork not tied, preferably shoulder
- 1 dash grape seed oil
- 250 gr tomato sauce
- 80 gr honey liquid
- 80 gr vinegar cider
- 250 ml chicken bouillon
- 1 cs dijon mustard strong
- 3 cs brown sugar
- 2 oignons small, chopped
- 2 pinches chili powder
- 2 pinches powedered garlic
- 2 pinches paprika powder
- 1 turn pepper from mill
- Heat a dash of oil in a baking pan. Brown roast on all sides. Place in an iron pot. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade and poor over the roast.
- Close the pot and cook for 7 hours. Do not hesitate to cook in two times and leave the roast to rest in the meantime in your kichten table all night soaking in the marinade. Will taste even better.
- Sprinkle regularly with the sauce in which the roast is bathed.
- Using two forks, fray the roast. Sprinkle with the sauce and mix before serving.
Pulled pork burger recipe
- 4 buns
- 4 slice cheddar
- 400 gr pulled pork
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 200 gr coleslaw salad
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Cut each buns in two pieces. Place your buns on a baking tray, put one cheese slice on top inside. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce on bottom inside of each bun, add some pulled pork, coleslaw and close with top bun with mealty cheddar.