All those wonderful cooking blogs that publish bun bread recipes to make delicious hamburgers. I always wanted to put myself into it. But as I’m mainly cooking french dishes, I thought it’s not very Frenchy all that. I revisited the recipe published on Rock the Bretzel which is worth the detour elsewhere and from that were born these spelt hamburger buns.
For the record … I go to the restaurant almost exclusively to eat dishes that I do not cook myself at home. But actually now I am cooking a lot of things and my kitchen is invaded by my fault by all kinds of kitchen appliances that are used to make many useful recipes like cotton candy for example! In any case, burgers is something I did not do. And yet I eat anyway at least once a week! I am a big fan and now I can make them at home too !!!
Spelt hamburger buns
- 650 gr. spelt flour
- 20 gr. fresh baker’s yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 gr. sugar
- 20 cl. warm water
- 10 cl. of milk
- 1 egg about 50 gr.
- 30 gr. of butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in the bowl of your robot.
- Dilute the yeast in warm water and milk.
- Add the liquid to the bowl with the egg and mix until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Add the butter and knead for 15 minutes.
- The dough should peel off the edges and especially peel off easily fingers. Add a little flour if it is not the case and finish kneading by hand.
- Place in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and let stand for 1 hour. The dough must double in volume.
- Degas by pushing your fist into the dough.
- Form 8 balls of equal size.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten them a little.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Then mix the egg yolk with the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Apply with a brush on the buns.
- Sprinkle with poppy seed.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Cause it is time consuming to make bread and everything else on a week night, I always have some buns on my freezer that I already have cut in two pieces, ready to bake in the oven for a few minutes to heat them up.