I have always been a big fan of pork. You can eat them with your fingers and it’s delicious, especially with a sweet /salty marinade. And if you eat them while drinking an excellent beer!
Honey reduces the bitterness of beer and makes these ribs simple to eat!
Spare ribs marinated with honey and Grimbergen amber beer
- 1.2 kg of pork ribs or spare ribs
- 1 onion
- 150 ml. liquid honey
- 0.5 dl. amber beer
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan with a peeled onion.
- Cook the spare ribs for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, remove the skin film present on the pork bones.
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade.
- Let the meat rest in the marinade.
- Reserve from 1 hour to 1 night in the fridge (easier to prepare the day before)
- Preheat your oven to 240 ° C.
- Place the meat on a grill placed on top of a baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, basting the meat with the marinade every 5 minutes.
For french fries, I cheated because I have a fryer machine making french fries without oil. So I just cut my sweet potatoes and turn them 30 to 40 minutes in this magic device with a dash of olive oil, some spices and it’s over!