Poached pears in red wine is definitely the best side dish for wild meat; so tasty that you can even serve it for dessert with some vanilla ice cream. But now that I have made it once, my friends will taste often!
Especially that I love pears!
You can serve these pears together with a deer stew and by filling them with cranberry jam so they will definitely have the look.
I used a recipe I found on epicurien.be that I slightly modified for the occasion.
Poached pears in red wine recipe
- 6 pears not to mature
- 7 dl. of red wine
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 untreated lemon zest
- 1/2 untreated orange zest
- 5 grains of black pepper
- 125 gr. of sugar
- Bring red wine to a boil.
- In the meantime, peel pears, slice in two pieces and remove heart.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, zest and black pepper in a teaball.
- Flame to remove alcool.
- Add sugar, pears and teaball.
- Leave to cook until pears are done, around 15 or 20 min. It will depend on our pears. Pick a knife into a pear if it is cooked.