Next to my office, there is this Italian restaurant … The restaurant … Because actually there are not a lot of restaurant around my work, only this one and a burger bar. So when one friend is coming to eat with me during my lunch break, I am always inviting them at La Molisana. Their raviolis are delicious. The first time, I ever tasted Italian pink sauce was in this restaurant. We were together with my boss and one of our clients, a regular, and the owner of the restaurant proposed him to add a bit of Vodka into the sauce. That it will enhance the taste. I chose like him and it was a dream come true! Amazing taste! So I tried to make it myself from my souvenirs and below is my version, my Italian pink sauce with a tiny bit of Vodka.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. You can serve it with plenty of different pasta, homemade tagliatelle, ricotta ravioli, gnocchi maison, …
Italian pink sauce with vodka
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 to matoes
- 2 dl. of white wine
- 350 gr. of tomato purée
- 3 tablespoons of vodka
- 1 teaspoon of Thyme
- 2 teaspoons of Basil
- Some pepper from pepper mill
- 35 gr. of grated parmesan
- 100 gr. of cream
- Peel and slice onion and garlic. Dice tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil on a large saucepan. Fry onion and garlic.
- Add diced tomatoes, white wine and tomato purée. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add vodka, herbs, pepper, parmesan and cream. Leave to cook another 10 minutes.
- Blend until you get a homogeneous sauce.