I wanted to make another pie this week. But with chicken this time and not with beef. (Have a look to the Beer-braised beef pot pie recipe! That was trully amazing.) Adrien quite like when I prepare such thing. Then he can bring it at work and he gets something special to eat during lunch break.
The problem with pie is that they are not always really healthy and do not have low calorific value. However if you want to make it lighter use soja cream instead of standard cream. That works and the taste is even better.
- 450 gr. of chicken breast (1 lb.)
- 250 gr. of white mushrooms (1/2 lb.)
- 2 onions
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- 250 ml. of cream (1 cup or 8.3 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
- 100 gr. of grated cheese, Emmental style (1 cup or 3.3 oz.)
- 1 egg
- 2 puff pastries
- 1 egg yolk + 2 tablespoons of water
- Slice chicken breast. Wash and slice mushrooms. Peel and slice onions.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a non-sticky pan.
- Fry chicken on each side. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Pour white wine and let it evaporate.[br][br][img src=”http://www.frenchgirlcuisine.com/wp-content/uploads/chicken-pie-recipe-mushrooms-creamy-mustard-sauce-5.jpg” width=”700″ height=”467″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”chicken-pie-recipe–mushrooms-creamy-mustard-sauce-5″]
- Add cream, mustard, pepper, salt, parsley, thyme and grated cheese.
- Add egg and mix very quickly. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Put first puff pastry on your pie dish. Prick with a fork. Pour mixture.
- Place second puff pastry on top and close the pie.
- Mix egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of water. Brush on top of the pie.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.