That was a day like the others days, but not like the others because I was starving for a chocolate cake. What a coincidence, as it is the theme of the Battle Food organised by Evin sur son nuage ! (learn more in the French version of this post). But I wanted also something simple, something I could bake to my children if I have one or two some days. That’s how this yogurt cake with chocolate chips is born !
I opened my fridge, and saw two eggs next to a delicious Swiss black chocolate plate, Cailler branded, the best chocolate in the world ! And I found by chance a yogurt, so let’s go. With a yogurt cake you can never fail :).
I also put some grape seeds oil. What I really like about cooking with oil (instead of butter), cakes are so soft and stay longer that’s way. So even if I have a “butter” person, oil sometimes win !
For the chocolate chips, I just break a chocolate plate in pieces. Bigger the pieces are, better the cake tastes!
So now, let’s see the recipe.
Yogurt cake with chocolate chips
- 200 gr. of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 yogurt 150 gr.
- 1,5 dl. of grape seeds oil
- 270 gr. of flour
- 7 gr. of baking powder
- 150 gr. of black chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix eggs with sugar. Add yogurt, oil and finaly flour and baking powder.
- Break chocolate into pieces and add to the mix.
- Line a bread tin with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Watch baking process, put a knife into the cake and if it comes out clean, then it is cooked.
- For a all chocolate version, you can add 5 tablespoons of black chocolate powder unsweetened.