With this cake, this is a long story. I proposed you for another foodista challenge (check the French version to learn more about it) orange cake in jar. My best friend is a big fan of this cake. A really big fan. However she had troubles to make my orange cake, because she was using a single mold and not jars.
So I have decided to make another one and instead of orange, I used mandarin and one larger oven dish.
Mandarin and orange blossom cake
- 100 gr. of butter + a bit more for the mold
- 110 gr. od sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 mandarins or 2 dl. of juice
- 1,5 teaspoons of blossom flower
- 2 teaspoons of cointreau alcohol with orange flavor
- zest of one mandarin
- 7 gr. of baking powder
- 100 gr. of flour
- 100 gr. of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of blossom flower
- 2 tablespoons of cointreau
- mold 25 cm.
- Remove butter from the fridge at least 30 minutes beforehand. Mix until you get a kind of paste.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add sugar and egg yolk. Mix.
- Pour half of mandarin juice (1 dl.), 1,5 teaspoons of blossom flower and 2 teaspoons of cointreau. Mix.
- Add flour, zest and baking powder.
- Beat egg white until foamy and incorporate to the mix.
- Butter mold, pour preparation and bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the sirup. Bring to a boil the rest of the mandarin juice (1 dl.) with powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of blossom flower and 2 tablespoons of cointreau.
- Pour on top of the warm cake and leave to cool.
- The cake will absorbe all the liquid.