Summer is finally at the tip of its nose after long icy months and with it small red fruits unanimously loved: delicious strawberries. Several weeks ago, I came across this Strawberry and Marzipan Charlotte recipe in a magazine. After having made it 4 times already, I thought it was high time to share it with you because strawberry season is now.
Unmissable strawberry charlotte, recipe
The hardest part was definitely finding good ladyfingers, because usually in the supermarkets around my house I only find ladyfingers.
Charlotte recipe with strawberries and marzipan
- 500 gr strawberries
- 200 gr marzipan
- 4 sheets gelatin
- 25 cl full cream
- 50 gr icing sugar
- 1 packet spoon cookies
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cool water to soften it.
- Wash, hull and cut the strawberries into cubes. Reserve 1/3 for garnish and decoration.
- Dice the almond paste. Mix with the strawberries.
- Heat over low heat for a few minutes until the mixture is hot enough. Add the gelatin after having wrung it out.
- Leave to cool while assembling your whipped cream.
- Beat the cream until it looks like whipped cream and add the icing sugar at the end all at once.
- Fold the cream into the strawberry and marzipan mixture.
- In a pastry ring lined with parchment paper, place the cookies after having cut them to the height of your circle, the cut edge placed at the bottom.
- Put two or three biscuits in the bottom of your dish.
- Pour in about half of the strawberry mixture.
- Add the cut strawberries, keeping a few for decoration.
- Cover with the rest of the preparation.
- Chill for about 3 hours.
- Take out of the fridge, unmold, decorate and serve!