I just began a training in project management lasting 4 full days. It has been a long time since I sat on a school bench and each day is becoming longer. Usually I do not take any breakfast. However tomorrow I might need one to wake up and stay concentrated for few hours. This strawberries and rhubarb jam on a toasted brioche will be perfect I think. Together with a tea, I will be ready to study!
A friend of mine gave me this jam recipe few years ago. I was visiting her family in Dijon, France. She works for a company manufacturing kitchen tools so she is really into cooking. She lives in Brazil right now. I so would like to visit her right now, take some sun and see how she is doing over there. Her daughter must be so tall now…
Anyway she gave me this recipe and taught me how to make my first jam. I was not thinking it could be so easy. I still remember my grandma making some on her large green casserole dish. It looks like art. In fact, you need just to take care about not burning yourself and of course it takes time. Like almost everything when I start cooking :-). Let me know if you like this jam!
Strawberry and rhubarb jam recipe
- 6 jars, sterilised
- 1 kg. rhubarb 2.2 lb.
- 500 gr. strawberries 1.1 lb.
- 800 gr. sugar 4 cups or 1.7 lb.
- 1 lemon juiced
- Wash and dice rhubarb and strawberries.
- Mix with sugar and lemon juice. Marinate for 1 entire night.
- Cook on medium heat for 40 minutes, next day.
- To test if it’s ready, drop a bit of jam on top of a plate. If it sticks, fill your sterilised jars with jam.
Leave a Reply