Not so easy to find time for breakfast. Almost impossible you can even say. I was already in trouble when I had only to take care of myself. But now that I need to take care of Julie as well and pop by the nany’s house… I drink my first cup of tea at 8.30 am although I woke up at 6.30. So yes I clearly skip breakfast. However I can easily grab a snack at the office, if I got something to eat tasty and better healthy, a mixed red berries muesli for example, because haven’t recover my previous weight… ok she is 6 months only but some women are already so skinny…
And at the same time, Swissmilk is promoting breakfast to take away in Switzerland. Perfect timing. So much time I want to publish a muesli recipe. This exquisite mix of yoghurt, cereals and fresh fruits. This breakfast comes from Swiss German region; but is now very popular in the french speaking part of Switzerland and worldwide. I saw it in various hotels abroad. We could say that Muesli is for Swiss people, pasta for Italians.
So today, I propose you to make our own granola and to use it then to realise our homemade muesli. Let’s use jam jars. Easier to transport, we can fill them with plenty of food to get a large breakfast.
- 150 gr. of mixed flakes
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 tablespoons of mixed seeds pumpkin, flax, sesame, sunflower, …
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 10 gr. of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients.. Add only vanilla seeds.
- All ingredients have to be wet.
- Spread all ingredients on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake for 15 min mixing every 5 minutes.
- Stock the left over in jam jars. You will be able to make around 10 mueslis.
Red berries muesli
- For 2 large jars
- 300 gr. of fresh or frozen red berries
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 greek yogourts around 300 gr.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 6 tablespoons of granola
- 2 empty jam jars
- Wash and prepare fruits. Mix with lemon juice.
- Pour one yogourt in each jar.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and one layer of fruit, one layer of granola. etc…
- Close and keep in the fridge until you serve.