In order to enjoy Halloween a little longer, Elise from the blog And so we cook is delighting us with a black and orange Bataille Food ! If you want to know more about the Bataille Food, please check out the French version of this blog post.
I have to admit that I had no idea what to cook at first … Orange had to be pumpkin; but I am not so a big fan of black seeds. So I had to think hard. I love pumpkin and make a lot of soups with it. As a result, I ventured realising this pumpkin parmentier. I still rather prefer soups; but I wanted a change. Speaking about pumpkin soup, I just made one so tasty, can’t wait to share it with you guys !
Pumpkin parmentier with turkey and mushrooms
- 1,5 kg. of pumpkin butternut
- 2 potatoes
- 600 gr. of turkey fillet
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 200 gr. of white mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- optional : 100 gr. of Emmental / Swiss cheese
- Peel and cut vegetables.
- Put in a large casserole dish, cover with water and add salt, bouquet garni and turkey fillet.
- Cook until vegetables are ready, for 30 to 40 minutes. Reserve a bit of cooking water to make the purée.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash and slice mushrooms, reserve.
- Shred turkey fillets and put at the bottom of an oven dish.
- Add mushrooms and mix.
- Mash vegetables and add some cooking water to get the texture you want.
- Cover meat with purée.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds, Emmental (optional) and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until Emmental browns.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl cuisine.