A classic recipe. So classic that it has probably been tasted in all Swiss homes for several generations. And if this was not the case yet, then it is imperative to start or restart this tradition because roast pork with gravy sauce is way too good.
I discovered this recipe when I arrived in my new host country and I was not disappointed. I found this roast pork casserole truly delicious. It is a convivial dish, which can be served with homemade mashed potatoes and make a small lake in it to pour the gravy sauce. Carrots have an ancient taste that takes us back in time. All the kids love it.
No recipe for roast pork in the oven this time, but a roast pork in a casserole.
One of the most important steps in my opinion is to mark the roast well to keep that grilled taste and to make it look pretty.
Pork roast recipe using Lucul gravy sauce
- 800 gr roast pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 gr carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 dl white wine
- 4 dl Lucul gravy sauce
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Heat the oil in a casserole.
- Sauté the onion. Place aside.
- Mark the roast (cook on all sides) for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onions.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add the roasting sauce.
- Peel and cut the carrots.
- Add them to the casserole, cover and simmer over medium heat for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
What to do with leftovers?
Can’t eat it all? Do not panic! Just start making a meat pie.