It’s not always easy to know what to do with leftover roast, and yet … It’s so easy and delicious to turn it into a pie. In fact, in Raphael’s family, when they do a roast, they plan to have some extra in advance so they can make his famous meat pie recipe.
I promise you that if you follow the recipe to the letter you won’t be disappointed. It’s just too good !!! Besides shhh !!! This recipe is a secret, don’t give it to just anyone!
For this recipe, we will mainly need leftover roast pork as well as an onion, two puff pastry and what to make a bechamel sauce.
Meat Pie Recipe
- 300 gr roast pork
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion
- 2 puff pastry
- 20 gr butter
- 20 gr flour
- 20 cl milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Very finely chop leftover roast.
- Peel and finely chop an onion.
- In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil then brown the minced meat with the onion for about ten minutes. Salt and pepper. It must be well grilled. To book.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once, stirring quickly until you get a ball of dough.
- Return to the heat for 2 seconds to dry the dough a little then gradually pour in the milk, mixing quickly with a hand whisk (to avoid lumps) until the béchamel thickens. Salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Mix the béchamel with the meat.
- Spread puff pastry in a pie dish and prick it with a fork.
- Pour in the preparation with the meat.
- Cover with the other puff pastry, seal the edges well.
- Mix an egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Brown the top of your pie.
- Decorate with the tip of a knife, taking care not to cross the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Tips for a successful meat pie recipe
To chop meat, I recommend using a chopper if you have one rather than cutting it with a knife. The meat will only be more grilled and therefore the pie much better. I use an electric chopper that I plug into my food processor and that’s perfect.
Here I am using leftover roast pork but you can use any kind of leftover meat. I made it a little while ago with leftover capon, but we ate it too quickly for me to take a picture of it… It was also very good. I even put the leftover stuffing in the pie shell, frankly it was worth the extra capon for Christmas.
You can simply serve it with a good soup in winter or a salad.
With homemade puff pastry or puff pastry that you can roll out yourself, it will be better, so don’t hesitate to take a little more time. It’s often the simple things that are most delicious when made at home.
Don’t forget to weld the edges well, as you can see in the photo, I didn’t take the time
Good day and see you soon !
Leave a Reply