I love the holiday season. Last year was very sad with the cancellation of most of the Christmas markets, but this year we can take the time and take advantage of it to dream and spend time physically or virtually with the people we love. What could be better than sharing a clementine log meringue pie with them?
Original Yule log for extraordinary holidays
Clementine log meringue pie style
To change from classics to chestnuts, here is an original Yule log.
- 5 eggs
- 120 gr sugar
- 80 gr flour
- 50 gr cornstarch
- 100 gr softened butter
- 3 clementines 160 ml
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 120 gr sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 15 gr flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 180 gr sugar
- 50 gr water
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Separate the white from the yolks.
- Blanch the sugar with the egg yolks.
- Add the flour, cornstarch and butter.
- Beating egg whites.
- Incorporate into the preparation.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Roll out to get a nice rectangle with the same thickness over the entire surface.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, place a new sheet of baking paper on the sponge cake and turn over on a new baking sheet.
- Gently remove the sheet of baking paper that was used for cooking.
- Gently roll the sponge cake with the new sheet of paper. Cover with a cloth. Then let cool.
- For the clementine cream, bring the lemon juice, clementine and half the sugar (60 gr) to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks (reserve the whites), the whole egg with the flour and the remaining sugar.
- When the mixture with the juices boils, pour half of it over the egg mixture, whisk vigorously and return everything to the saucepan with the rest of the juice.
- Return to the heat and whisk continuously until the first broths. The cream is taken. Remove from fire.
- Gradually add olive oil while stirring. Let cool.
- Prepare the Italian meringue. Bring the water to a boil with the sugar. As soon as it boils, run for 3 minutes or remove from heat when the mixture has reached 110 ° C.
- During this time, froth the egg whites until stiff, do not whip them completely. Then gradually pour in the syrup, finishing whipping your egg whites until you get a smooth and shiny mixture.
- Unroll your cake.
- Spread your cream on the cake.
- Roll the log.
- Put your meringue in a pastry bag with a fluted nozzle.
- Decorate your log.
- Pass through a blowtorch and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply