I published a delicious goat cheese salad two years ago on this blog. However I though I could give it another try as this is my favourite salad.
What I want to say is … goat cheese melted on a piece of bread is my favourite salad :). I love to mix goat cheese with bacon; but I also love the taste of goat cheese mixed with dried cranberry, fig and fresh pear.
The sweetness of the fruits soften the strong taste of goat cheese. A mix of balsamic, virgen olive oil and honey complete this delicious salad.
I made myself another one tonight. I added some cranberries and little strawberries today in a large green salad with onion germs. Almost summer, I could eat salads everyday! But of course always with melted goat cheese on top!
Hope you enjoy this salad too !
Pear, cranberry and goat cheese salad recipe
- 2 dried figs
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of colza oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of liquid honey
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of flower salt
- 5 teaspoons of dried cranberries
- 1 carrot
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 4 round radishes
- 1 sliced walnut
- 30 gr. or 1/2 cup of finely sliced red cabbage
- 50 gr. of mixed green salad
- 15 gr. or 1/2 cup of onion germs
- 4 slices of fruit bread
- 200 gr. of goat cheese
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- liquid honey
- Dice dried figs and reserve.
- Mix olive and colza oil, balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of liquid honey. Season with pepper and salt.
- Add cranberries and figs in balsamic sauce.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (grill).
- Peel carrot. Cut lengthwise using a mandoline.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in 2.
- Wash and slice radishes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add carrot, tomatoes, red cabbage, onion germs, radishes and green salad. Pour sauce with cranberries and figs. Mix.
- Spread goat cheese on bread slices. Add 1 pinch of pepper, rosemary and a bit of liquid honey on top of goat cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Fill plates with salad and place 2 goat cheese toasts on top. Serve.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipe of a French girl “cuisine”.