A couple of friends invited me to come over with Adrien tonight. They are taking care of the diner; however they asked us to bring a bottle of red wine and a dessert. I bought a nice bottle of red wine, Cambon la pelouse. But no way to buy a dessert. Founding some fresh blueberries looking delicious in my supermarket made up my mind. I will bake a blackcurrant tart. You can serve this tart with some wipped cream or Swiss double cream!
Blackcurrant tart recipe
- 250 gr. of flour
- 125 gr. of diced butter
- 80 gr. of powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 sheets of greasproof paper
- 50 gr. of soft butter
- 60 gr. of almond powder
- 50 gr. of sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 gr. of blueberries jam
- 400 gr. of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix flour, diced butter, powdered sugar, egg yolks, milk and salt together using your hand or a food processor until you get an homogeneous pasty.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of greasproof papers. Put in pie plate and prick with a fork.
- Mix almond powder, soft butter, sugar and egg.
- Pour on top of pastry.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Wash blueberries and reserve.
- Heat blueberriy jam in a little saucepan to obtain a kind of coulis.
- Stir in gently warm blackcurrant jam and fresh blueberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour on top of baked tart and serve.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.