Everybody loves vacherin in Adrien’s family. When I said that they like it, they truly like it. That’s their favourite dessert.
Even the most demanding are seduced and in general it’s really the dessert that everyone agrees. So this year, instead of baking a traditional christmas loaf, I made this mango vacherin. Exotic, no?
To be honest, that’s also my favourite dessert :).
Mango vacherin recipe
- 6 egg white
- 300 gr. of sugar
- 3 drops of lemon juice
- 750 gr. of mango flesh about 3
- 180 gr. sugar
- 180 gr. or 18 cl. water
- 2 cs. of lemon juice
- 5 dl. whole cream 30% fat
- 60 gr. sugar
- Pastry disk size ???
- Baking paper
- Socket pocket with fluted socket
- Ice Cream Maker
- Preheat your oven to 100 ° C.
- Start by preparing the meringue. Beating egg whites. Pour the sugar in three times on the end while continuing to beat.
- Place your baking circle on your baking paper and mark the circle with a pencil.
- Put your meringue in the baking bag and fill the circle you have outlined in pencil. It’s good that there is a good layer even if it seems too much because the meringue will collapse in the freezer.
- Bake for about 3 hours. Let cool.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil. Then let cool.
- Mix the mango flesh add the syrup and stirr.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and let your sorbet take 40 minutes.
- Put your baking circle around your meringue which has been placed beforehand on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Crush it a bit so there is enough room for the mango sorbet.
- Tape the greaseproof paper around your baking disc to prevent leakage (technique D).
- Pour your sorbet on your meringue.
- Place in the freezer.
- Fit your cream in whipped cream. Add the sugar on the end.
- Fill your pastry bag with whipped cream.
- Take out your vacherin (once the sorbet is well taken – I usually leave it overnight) and decorate with your vacherin with whipped cream. Place in the freezer for few hours and remove it 10 minutes before serving.