Valentine’s day is coming. The famous celebration of love created to make us spend again some money after christmas. Chocolate, flowers, gifts and most of all restaurants… I think I already told you this story but anyway… We always celebrate Valentine’s day at home since this terrific evening when I wanted to do like everybody else and go to a restaurant.
But after spending 2 depressing hours in a restaurant where everybody where couple and nobody where actually speaking at eachother… Now that’s at home alone or with friends and/or family.
This is the dessert we served last year : individual raspberry vacherin.
That was quite a celebration. We eat all meal long pink stuffs with little pink hearts everywhere :). Enough to piss off my male friends against Valentine’s day. I love doing that.
This year we will be taking care of our new born kido, if miss want to finaly show off. 3 days after birth date. After 5 months lying on my bed or in front of the tv, now I am spending all day long walking around in Lausanne city center. I take the bus, car, shopping in France, … my balley seems to be a nice home.
This year, we can forget to go in a restaurant; but I am waiting to be able to eat raw meat, raw fish, oyster, jackob mussel carpaccio, roquefort, jamon iberico, … and champagne but juste a little if I breastfeed.
So here you go with a pink recipe to celebrate successfully Valentine’s day.
Individual raspberry vacherin recipe for Valentine’s day
- 3 white eggs
- 160 gr. of sugar
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 500 gr. of raspberry
- 2 dl. of water
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry alcool
- 25 cl. of full fat cream 30%
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Mini pastry mold or circle
- Pastry bag
- Ice cream maker
- Baking paper
- Whisk the egg whites with lemon juice until they form peaks.
- Add sugar at the end while beating eggs.
- Draw circle on baking paper. Place on top of a bakery tray.
- Preheat oven to 90°C.
- Fill in your pastry bag with the preparation and make meringue circle beginning with the center.
- Bake for 2h20min.
- Heat rasperry with water, sugar, lemon juice and raspberry alcool.
- Sieve and leave to cool. When cold, pour in your ice cream maker for approximately 40 min (depending on your machine). Fill in your circles and place in your freezer until ready.
- Beat cream to get a chantilly. Add sugar while whisking.
- Fill in your pastry bag. Put in each meringue some chantilly then place a sorbet circle on top of each and decorate with the rest of the chantilly.
- To fill in the heart I used some cherry marmelade homemade by a collegue of mine.
- Place again in your freezer, until you serve.
Leave a Reply