This is a cloudy day today in Lausanne. I am not really feeling like going out or do anything else. I wanted to walk. I don’t do sport, that never was my thing apart from walking maybe. I am not hiking in the Swiss mountains or in the forest next door, if it is that what you think. No, I go out from my apartment and walk anywhere I have to go if that less than 30 minutes from my place. If I have the choice between taking public transportation or walk there by myself I will most probably choose the second option unless it is raining like hell. I like to walk around in the busy city center of Lausanne. While walking, my brain is computer free and I have a tone of ideas coming up. So today, yes I stayed home and made a French omelet, I would like to share with you guys. My grandma from my mother side used to make one for lunch when she had not enough time to cook something else. I usually use left over to garnish my omelet. If you have done a raclette, you still have boiled potatoes left and that’s the best in an omelet.
- 1 potato
- 3 eggs
- ½ onion
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- olive oil
- Peel and boil the potato. Peel and slice onion and garlic. Fry in a non stick pan with some olive oil and put aside.
- Dice potato and brown on each side using a non stick pan.[br][br]
- [img src=”http://www.frenchgirlcuisine.com/wp-content/uploads/roasted-potatoes-before-making-omelet.jpg” width=”700″ height=”467″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”French omelet recipe” alt=”French omelet recipe”]
- Mix eggs in a large bowl. Add onions, garlic, chives, salt and pepper. Pour on top of potatoes. Leave to cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add some Espelette pepper to decorate and serve immediately. I love when mine is melting. Delicious…
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.