You want to serve something fresh; but you want to serve it nicely. Try this chicory and carrot salad verrine.
Chicory & Carrot Salad Verrine
- 1 carrot
- 1 chicory
- 1 dried fig
- 1 tbsp raisin
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp sesame
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soja sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 orange
- 15 gr butter
- Soak the raisin in warm water.
- Grate the carrot, slice tinely the chicory and the fig and mix it together.
- Fry the sesame with the sesame oil and add it to the mix.
- Add also the pine nuts and the raisin.
- Press the 1/2 orange.
- In a pan heat the orange juice with the soja sauce and the honey.
- When it is almost boiling add the butter and beat.
- Spread the sauce in the salad.
- Fill the verrine with this mix and remove the extra juice.