Long time no see! I am terribly sorry about that but now my wedding is behind me and I should find more time now to fullfill my blogging duties! I have my two brothers in law coming for dinner tonight and I wanted to try something special, something that I know for sure that they are not use to eat. As a child my mother was cooking gizzards a lot. It could be with some potatoes and diced lard or in a salad like below. I just had this recipe in mind yesterday in the supermarket so now it is the time to share it with you guys!
You can use different sort of bread. For example today I have used pumpkin bread. Use what you can find in your closest bakery. This is the same for the cheese usually Comté is the cheese used in France for such homemade salad but as I live in Switzerland I though that Gruyère was more appropriate.
Chicken gizzards salad recipe
- 200 gr. of chicken gizzards 7.14 oz.
- 200 gr. of diced smoked bacon 7.14 oz.
- 200 gr. of salad mix 7.14 oz.
- 1 shallot
- 12 raspberries to decorate
- 4 raspberries for the vinegar
- 6 slices of bread
- 50 gr. of cheese gruyère or comté (1.78 oz)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 5 cl. of cider vinegar 1.6 oz
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Put 4 raspberries in 5 cl. of cider vinegar and reserve. That’s even better to marinate the raspberries the day before.
- Dice bread’s slices and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve croutons.
- Fry the diced smoked bacon and reserve.
- Fry chicken gizzards and reserve.
- Slice the shallot.
- Dice the cheese.
- Mix the vinegar with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Once all your ingredients are ready put in each plate first the salad and then the rest of the ingredients and spray sauce on top. Enjoy!