I went to visit a friend few weeks ago and they served veggie-stuffed tomatoes. It was delicious; but I wanted to try a non-veggie version as well. So here you go!
Baked-stuffed Tomatoes with ground Beef Recipe
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 300 gr ground meat
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Herbes de Provence
- Chop garlic and onion.
- Brown garlic, onion and ground meat with olive oil.
- Slice the top of the tomatoes.
- Scoup out the tomato flesh, slice and add to the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Add the Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, red wine, parmesan cheese and tomato paste in the pan.
- Fry until they is no more liquid.
- Stuff the tomatoes and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover with the top of the tomatoes and bake for another 20 minutes.