Apricots are the favourite fruits of my boyfriend. Together with raspberries, if I am right. That’s why I chose to bake this tart. Today, I associated almond cream with apricots. However you can probably make this tart with any kind of fruits. I baked one with figs. You can check out the recipe on girls guide to paris website. This almond cream is so delicious.
On the contrary I never really was a big fan of apricots. I like them; but not my favourite fruits. That’s maybe why I baked more or less the same recipe with figs some time ago. Anyway associating almond cream with any fruits is delicious 🙂 !
This tart is quite easy and fast to make and will be the perfect dessert to share with your family on a sunday afternoon.
Apricot Tart with Almond Cream Recipe!
- 1 puff pastry
- 14 apricots
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr melted butter 1/2 cup or 3.57 oz
- 100 gr white sugar 1/2 cup or 3.57 oz
- 200 gr almond powder 2 cups or 7.14 oz
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp rum
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Mix sugar with butter.
- Add almond powder, eggs and vanilla seeds.
- Flavour with 2 tablespoons of rum.
- Put puff pastry in pie plate.
- Pour almond cream.
- Wash, cut and seed apricots.
- Place apricots on top of the almond cream.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool and serve.