Yes, you heard right, veggie fajitas with eggplants – french style. Sometimes ago, we had the feeling than we were eating too much meat. So we had the great idea to replace chicken meat with eggplant. Everybody likes it and now I finally have a convivial dish to make when Numa, our veggie friend eating fish, and Moillen, our non-veggie friend non-fish eater, or my mother-in-law coming to eat at our place. This is always difficult to satisfy everybody (me too actually); but that’s always funny to take up the challenge.
This week, para el dìa de los muertos, I would like to propose you something a bit different, a mexican week! A French girl cuisine is French; but she likes foreign cuisine too. She cooks many foreign dishes from all over the world; but always with a French touch! I am not sure they cook with red wine in Mexico. At least, I didn’t see anything like that when I am was travelling there.
I will wait to speak using “she” or you will think that I am crazy. Below the recipe.
Now you just have to know how to make a home-made guacamole and if you have enough motivation, handmade tortillas with spelt flour.
Veggie fajitas with eggplants
- 3 fresh peppers different color
- 2 little eggplants
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 little corn can 140 gr.
- 1 little red bean can 140 gr.
- 700 gr. of tomato sauce
- 2 dl. of red wine
- Herbes de Provence
- 1 dash of olive oil
- full cream
- grated cheese Swiss style
- Prepare all ingredients. Slice peppers, onions and garlic. Cut eggplants.
- In a large frying pan, heat up a dash of olive oil and fry pepper, onions, garlix and eggplants for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, red wine and cook for 30 minutes.
- Slice chili pepper removing seeds. Sieve corn and red beans.
- Add corn, red beans, chili pepper, herbes de Provence with salt and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes and serve. The huge advantage with this dish is that can never be too cooked.
- Serve in mexican tortilla with guacamole, full cream and grated cheese.
Leave a Reply