It has been several times that I have been asked if it is possible to make a large strawberry pie rather than the tarts that I proposed in this recipe, so here I made it big to celebrate the return of strawberries in fanfare!
C’est mon fruit préféré depuis que je suis toute petite. Fraises à la croque au sucre, soIt’s my favorite fruit since I was little. Strawberries with sugar croque, strawberry sorbet, strawberry jam, these beautiful red ladies have been with me throughout my childhood.
We hope you will like this large format version!
Strawberry and lime pie
- 260 gr flour
- 125 gr butter diced
- 4 tbsp full cream
- 40 gr icing sugar
- 40 gr sugar
- 2 egg yolks
Lime pastry cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 gr flour
- 80 gr sugar
- 1 lime
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 whole milk
- 1 kg strawberries
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C
- Mix in a food processor or by hand the flour to which we add the butter, icing sugar, sugar, milk and 2 egg yolks.
- Spread the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Place your pastry ring on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place your dough. Prick with a fork. Bake for about 8 minutes. Then remove the circle, prick with a fork if bubbles have formed. Bake for about 4 minutes, so that the outlines of the tart color a little. Reserve.
- Bring the milk with the vanilla pods to a boil.
- During this time, mix the eggs and the egg yolk with the sugar until the mixture whitens slightly then add the flour, lime zest and its juice (minus a tsp which will be reserved for the end). ).
- Add the hot milk little by little while mixing quickly so as not to give the lumps time to form. Then put back on the heat for a few minutes (2-3) until the cream thickens. Remove from heat to the first broths.
- Leave to cool while washing, hulling and chopping your strawberries.
- Pour the pastry cream into your pie shell.
- Arrange the strawberries.
- Heat the apricot jam with the remaining teaspoon of lime juice. Apply on your strawberries with a kitchen brush to give them a little shiny side.
- Reserve in the fridge. Take out 30 minutes, 1 hour before serving.