A fan of French family cooking. A childhood memory for some. A dish to finish leftover meat. An easy dish to warm up. That’s all that Shepherd’s Pie House. In any case me, I enjoy every time I have the opportunity to make it. To give a little more taste, I used two beef broths of Knorr of their new range designed with 100% natural ingredients.
Then as we use the broths we don’t even need salt :). I hope this pie will please your taste as well as mine!
Shepherd’s Pie House
- 3 onions
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 kg. ground beef
- 3 carrots
- 100 gr. frozen peas
- 2 cub bouillons of beef Knorr
- 2 kg. potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2.5 dl. of milk
- 80 gr. of butter
- 6 cs. breadcrumbs
- Peel your potatoes. Rinse them in cold water, then put them in a large saucepan with a teaspoon of salt. Cover with water. Heat over high heat and cook for about 40 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut diced onions. Sauté with a drizzle of olive oil in a large cast iron pan for 5 minutes. Add the meat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel carrots and cut into small pieces.
- Add the carrots, peas, cubed broth and beef and pour 1 liter of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are cooked for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C.
- When the potatoes are cooked, prepare your puree by squeezing the potatoes and adding 1 egg, 40 gr. butter and milk.
- In a baking dish, pour the meat, cover with the mashed potatoes, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and spread butter chips over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until breading is golden brown.