The famous saffron brioche from the canton of Friborg. Delicious, soft, perfect for Sunday brunch or breakfast … Before confinement, I was buying it from time to time, and today well I bake it!
Here is the recipe I made. Have a good day.
Saffron traditional swiss brioche
- 10 gr fresh baker’s yeast
- 2.5 dl warm milk
- 60 gr sugar
- 500 gr flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 gr butter diced
- 60 mg saffron powder
- 1 egg yolk
- In a saucepan, heat the milk a little.
- Mix the yeast in the barely heated milk.
- Pour the sugar into the pan and mix until it melts.
- In the bowl of the food processor, pour the flour, salt, butter, saffron, milk and knead until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Let stand for 2 hours at room temperature after covering with a damp cloth.
- Form a ball then place on a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Brush with the egg yolk mixed with 2 tsp. of water.
- Grid using a knife. Make deep incisions.
- Bake for 40 minutes.