When I want to bake a quick and kind of healthy dessert in short time, this is what I bake. I got that from my aunt. When I was visiting her, she had not only two but three childreen for one week … and a dog. Just to say that she had no time and she needed to feed a lot of persons :-). You can make this fast recipe with any kind of fruits you find. It almost always work.
This tool is just a life saver. An apple peeler. I heard about it two years ago. I was walking aroung in my local supermarket when I just saw it. I was not quite sure what the use of this strange object was. When I got it, I bought it straigh away. Now peeling included, I need less than 10 minutes to make this tart. Of course then you have to think about the baking process but 40 minutes, 200°C… This is not really difficult :-).
I spread always a layer of jam for this tart. I used the rhubarb and strawberry’s one I made last year. Feel free to use any kind of jam you like.
Quick apple tart recipe
- 1 puff pastry
- 3 tbsp rhubarb and Strawberries Jam
- 4 apples or 800 gr. 1.76 oz.
- 1 egg
- 25 cl cream 1 cup or 8.3 oz.
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Put puff pastry in your baking dish. Prick with a fork.
- Spread a layer of jam.
- Peel and slice apples. Put on top of jam.
- Mix egg alone in a mixing bowl. Add cream and white sugar. Mix again and pour into your baking dish.
- Spread some brown sugar on top of your tart and bake for 40 minutes.