Have you ever heard of wood hedgehog mushrooms? Yes? Well not me. We feasted! Much faster and easier to clean than chanterelles! Perfect for saving time in the kitchen and simply delicious. I propose you here a great recipe : quails with chestnut and wood hedgehog mushrooms for the end of year celebrations or any other opportunity to enjoy!
A recipe quite easy, relatively quick and perfect for a romantic dinner.
Quails with chestnut and wood hedgehog mushrooms
- 2 quails
- 20 gr butter
- 2 onions
- 200 gr wood hedgehog mushrooms
- 200 gr chestnut cooked
- 2 juniper berries
- 4 tpsb full cream
- Salt the inside of the quails and tie them up so that they are easier to roast in the pan.
- Melt the butter in your casserole dish. Add the quails and brown them on all sides for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and mince the onions. Brown them with quail for 3 minutes.
- Add the previously cleaned and wood hedgehog mushrooms then the chestnuts.
- Add the juniper berries and the cream. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes. Check that there is always enough liquid in the pan and add a little cream if necessary.
- Finish cooking for 5 minutes uncovered so that the sauce thickens.