The summer definitely ends. But there are always tricks to eat the same in winter and summer. Canned-food ! Anchovies, red peppers, tomato sauce! I just turned 10 kilos of tomatoes into homemade tomato sauce so I can enjoy it the rest of the year :).
Do you know the site enboite.ch? They sell canned fish online in Switzerland, because yes not always easy to find quality seafood here! My only big disappointment, no cod liver 🙁 Still, I hope they will add it in their assortment soon because … I miss it so much!
Marinated anchovies and red peppers pie
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt flower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 600 gr spelt flour
- 200 gr butter diced
- 2 dl water
- 2 tsp salt
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 1 box anchovie
- 1 tsp Herbes de provence
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Wash pepper, place in baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes. Turn the pepper and grill another 15-20min on the other side.
- When the skin of the red pepper is grilled on each side, peel it off, then cut the red pepper into strips removing the pips. Place in a bowl, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of fleur de sel and 1 clove of pressed garlic.
- Put in the robot the ingredients to make your dough: flour, butter, water and salt. Mix for about 5 minutes.
- Spread your dough on a sheet of baking paper. Prick with a fork and put on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Spread the tomato sauce.
- Arrange anchovies and slices of peppers. Sprinkle with herbs and bake for about 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply