A traditional dessert in the south of France for the holidays, here is my recipe for frozen nougat with its raspberry coulis.
It’s almost 15 years since I moved to Switzerland. It’s starting to take a long time. I am not yet that old and I still remember the Christmas holidays in the south of France.
It was strange never to see snow, not even on the mountains in the distance. Sometimes when we were lucky we could spot a soft white coat in our garden and had to rush outside before it melted around noon.
To make a snowman with a thin layer of a few centimeters is impossible, to see a miracle, but it was our own little miracle and we had a lot of fun.
Usually no snow here, but a plethora of seafood, foie gras, and often a frozen nougat for the end of year celebrations. And you, do you have snow in your area?
To be honest, little one, although I really liked the ice cream and the raspberry coulis, I was not a big fan of dried fruits and nuts, they were too crunchy. But now I’m grown up and I’m crazy about it.
It’s a nice idea for the holidays because it’s not too complicated to do, and especially since it can be prepared in advance.
Here comme the recipe :
Ice nougat recipe
- 25 gr chopped almonds
- 25 gr chopped pistachios
- 20 gr sugar
- 100 gr candied fruit
- 70 gr honey
- 20 gr glucose
- 50 gr sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 250 ml full cream
- 500 gr frozen raspberries
- 4 tbsp water
- 50 gr sugar
- Heat a frying pan. Sauté the almonds and pistachios for a few minutes without toasting them. Pour 20 gr. sugar to caramelize them. Then add the candied fruit. To book.
- Beating egg whites.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey, glucose and sugar to 120 ° C.
- Gradually pour the mixture into the snow whites while you continue to whip them up. You will get a shiny meringue. To book.
- Be careful not to touch the bowl or whisks, and if you do, soak them in boiling water and wash them off quickly so the caramel doesn’t stick.
- Whip the cream into whipped cream then gently fold into the meringue. Add the candied fruit, almonds and pistachios.
- Place in a silicone log mold. If it is a metal mold, cover with cling film beforehand to facilitate demolding.
- Place in the freezer until the ice sets. 12h approximately.
- Cover the raspberries with the water and sugar to reduce to a puree.
- Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply