How do the French stay slim? Some of you must wonder. This is a long story and I am not sure my post of today can cover this large subject. But here few tips.
Everything begins with our love for food. We take time to cook and to eat. We usually got at least 30 minutes for lunch break. If they can most of the French people will pack their lunch. Some left over that they will heat on the microwave of their work kitchen. Therefore this is home-made food and kind of healthy.
We also eat seated and take time to chew. Maybe you are making fun of me right now. Your brain need some time to understand that you are eating and to send the information to your body that you are not hungry anymore. Slower you eat, less you will be hungry. I don’t do diet. Because anyway, when you stop, you gain weight and most of the time more than you previously lost.
We also do not only eat French pastries. This salad below is French, delicious and healthy.
Green beans salad
- 500 gr green beans 1.1 pounds
- 1 shallot
- 4 eggs
- Shell green beans. Add eggs in salt water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and cook for for 20 to 25 minutes until green beans are done. Leave to cool.
- Slice shallots and mix with French dressing.
- Shell and cut eggs in two parts.
- Mix cold green beans with vinaigrette and shallot and serve with hard-boiled eggs.