I baked this tart this afternoon. I already had lunch and was not hungry at all anymore. However this tart smelled so good… My stomach let out a loud rumble while I was taking pictures! This was so difficult to not take a little piece of this delicious onion tart.
I was baking for next week. I like to make a tart and eat one piece a day with a green salad for lunch. Adrien likes it too, then he can take one piece at work too. I am so waiting tomorrow to eat a large piece of this tart. I really like to take home made food at work. This is always healthier, cheaper and tastier, don’t you think? Unfortunately this is time consuming and this is easier to buy a sandwich or to eat in a little restaurant next door.
If like me you enjoy baking plenty of tarts, you can have a look at the tarts and pie archives. This one is a classic French tart filled with onions.
French onion tart recipe
- 1 kg onions 2.2 lb.
- 100 gr bacon strip 3.57 oz.
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 dl cream 0.8 cup or 6.6 oz.
- 2 dl milk 0.8 cup or 6.6 oz.
- 1 egg mixed
- 1 short crust pastry
- Slice and brown onions with bacon strips for 20 minutes. Add flour and mix. Pour milk and cream and bring to a boil. Add egg stirring quickly and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 250°C (480°F). Put pastry in your oven dish. Prick with a fork. Pour onions top of the pastry. Bake for 15 minutes. Low down temperature to 220°C (425°F) and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve with a green salad or as a starter.