I love carpaccio that’s why I was thrilled when I saw the theme of the Battle Food #34 organised by Hélène of Rock the Bretzel’s blog.
The Battle food was created by Carole of Sunrise Over Sea, that’s a food challenge between blogger and non-blogger. We don’t win anything, this is just to have some fun. And by the way I quite enjoy it, because sometimes I do not have anymore ideas on what I could be cooking !
If you want to know more about this food challenge as well as the participants, check the french version of this post.
After a great scallop carpaccio, today I am sharing with you guys a yellow beetroot carpaccio with some fresh goat cheese quenelles. Hoping that you will enjoy it !
- 3 large yellow beetroot (600 gr.)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 large Easter pink radish
- 200 gr. of fresh goat cheese
- 10 leaves of basil
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 dash of balsamic vinegar
- Cut the tops of the beetroots and radishes (leave two centimeters). Place 2 beetroots in the pressure cooker, without peeling, with a bit of water, sea salt and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Cook for 30 minutes. Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, peel the last beetroot as well as the radish. Slice finely using a mandoline and reserve.
- Chisel basil. Mix with the fresh goat cheese and form your quenelles using two large tablespoons and reserve.
- For the plates presentation, place 2 slices of cooked beetroots then 1 rough and go on until nothing left. Place the radish slices in the center, goat cheese quenelles and add a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- I added a mix of fresh salad and flower for the decoration.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes.