Again a strawberry tart. You should be receiving so many in your inbox right now. But I love strawberries so much that I could just not imagine not sharing this beautiful tart with you.
If you like to eat them just with a bit of sugar, check out my strawberry salad and for the Chantilly, this is right here!
Strawberry tart with pastry cream and pistachio
- 250 gr. of flour
- 125 gr. of diced butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 80 gr. of iced sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 30 gr. of flour
- 80 gr. of sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 0.5 l. of milk
- 500 gr. of strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of crushed pistachio
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Mix with food processor or hand flour, butter, iced sugar, milk, salt and 2 egg yolks. Knead and make a ball.
- Roll out the dough in between two sheets of baking paper. Put in pie plate, prick with a fork and cook blind for 12 minutes.
- Bring to a boil milk and seeded vanilla pod.
- Mix eggs and egg yolk with sugar until it becomes white.
- Add flour and mix.
- Pour little by little half of the milk while stirring.
- Return to the heat with the rest of milk until the cream thinken just before boiling.
- Leave to cool while preparing strawberries.
- Wash and trim strawberries. Cut in two. Pour pastry cream on top of pie crust and place strawberries.
- Heat apricot jam with lemon juice. Brush on strawberries.
- Sprinkle pistachio and refrigerate.
- Remove 1 hour before serving.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl cuisine.
Leave a Reply