I love fresh rosemary. You can associate this delicious aromatic herb with almost everything. I bake sometimes a fish only with a rosemary branch. This gives enough flavour and sublimate the fish taste. But today I associated fresh rosemary with roast pork. You can serve this roast pork with spices together with mashed potatoes or fresh pasta. This recipe will be perfect for a family dinner. Do not hesitate to give comments and let me know what do you think about this recipe. Easy to make, however cooking time is quite long. Enjoy !
Roasted Pork with Spices!
- 1.2 kg roast pork 2.64 lb.
- 400 gr canned tomatoes 0.88 lb. or 14.28 oz.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 200 ml white wine 4/5 cup or 6.6 oz.
- 250 ml chicken bouillon 1 cup or 8.3 oz.
- 250 ml water 1 cup or 8.3 oz.
- 2 rosemary branches
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 pinches pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Peel and dice garlic and onions. Slice bacon.
- Fry pork with olive oil until browned all over in a large casserole dish. Remove meat.
- Add garlic, onions and bacon. Leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix cayenne pepper, pepper, oregano and salt with two teaspoons of olive oil. Cover pork with this mix.
- Put meat in the casserole dish. Add white wine, water, bouillon, canned tomatoes, rosemary and salt.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours. Baste meat every 10 minutes.