Youhou I succeed with the migration on a self-hosted website! That’s was quite hard but definitely worth it! Please do not hesitate to let me know if something is not working or if you are looking for something that you cannot find!
Today I would like to share with you a special recipe. I could not believe it when I couldn’t find anywhere the recipe of my grand mother on the web. In one way I was so disappointed because I really wanted to bake that recipe right now. I was not quite sure about some of the quantities. And then I was like…. What time is it? 6.30 pm. Yes I still can call my grand-mother. Thanks she picked up the phone and gave me the recipe straightaway! La Reine de Saba was my favourite cake when I was a child and I still love to bake it from time to time.
So as a result, you can also have it now 🙂 and my best friend, who is pregnant really enjoyed it!
La Reine de Saba – a delicious French cake
- 125 gr. of black chocolate roughly chopped (1 cup or 4.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 60 gr. of butter + 10 gr. for the mould 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp or 2 oz + 1 tbsp
- 125 gr. of sugar 2/3 cup or 4.4 oz
- 50 gr. of almond powder 1/2 cup or 1.8 oz
- 2 teaspoons short of maizena
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven at 180°C (356°F).
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie.
- Separate egg yolk and white.
- Butter your mould.
- Mix the sugar with almond powder, maizena and egg yolk. Add the melted chocolate.
- Whisk the egg white up to firm and incorporate to the mix slowly.
- Pour in your plate and place in your oven. Bake for 35 minutes environ.
You can serve with an English cream the taste is even better and powder some iced sugar on top of it.
Leave a Reply