A beautiful raspberry bavarois log recipe for Christmas, That’s definitely my favourite one. I am a big fan and I hope that you too. For the decoration, I used some gold powder and little homemade meringue.
You will need to work hard, but that’s definitely worth it. You can prepare everything in advance, which is quite nice to have some free time before Christmas diner rush.
Below the recipe!
Raspberry bavarois log recipe – Christmas
- 600 gr. of raspberry
- 150 gr. d’eau
- 200 gr of sugar
- 5 gr. of agar-agar
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 5 dl. of full fat cream 30%
- 5 white eggs
- 100 gr. of powedered sugar
- 75 gr. of almond powder
- 75 gr. of nut powder
- 200 gr. of raspberry
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of agar-agar
- a log mold
- baking paper
- Heat raspberry with water, sugar, agar-agar and lemon juice until you get a kind of coulis.
- In the meantime, whip cream until you obtain a chantilly using an electric mixer (to beat egg) and a very cold bowl.
- Sieve the raspberry coulis, leave to cool 1 or 2 minutes while mixing (you do not want it to become solid). Incorporate to the chantilly.
- Put some baking paper or plastic foil into your log mold.
- Pour the preparation in it and refrigerate.
- Separate white egg with egg yolk. You can use the egg yolk to make creme brulee for example..
- Beat white egg until they get foamy and add sugar in one time while whipping.
- Incorporate carefully with the preparation made of nut and almond powder and powedered sugar. Fill in your pastry bag or a freezing bag where you cut the extremity.
- On a baking paper draw the form of the cake using your log mold. Make your biscuit using the drawing and use the rest (you will have plenty of it) to form little biscuits that you can eat together with a good tea cup.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Sprinkle your biscuits with powedered sugar and for approximately 10 minutes. Then remove quicly from baking tray and leave to cool on a rack so the biscuits doesn’t become soft. That would be a shame with all this work.
- Place your biscuit on top of the bavarois in your log mold and leave in the fridge for few hours to one night. Or place in your freezer.
- Unmold. If you have difficulty your can always use a fan.for a few seconds. Put on a rack placed on top of a recipient to keep the excedent of coulis.
- To make the coulis, heat raspberries with water, sugar, and agar-agar until you get a coulis. Sieve and coat the log.