To change a bit from the traditional mashed potatoes, let’s try this delicious parnship purée. Unfortunately a vegetable that we have the tendency to forget, but coming back into style and so tasty by the way !
I see so many of them at Lausanne’s market right now. These funny white carrots ! They were really appreciated in the middle age. Actually, we served a parnish purée at our wedding, with wild boar meat of course !
Parnships contain more vitamins than traditional carrot so do not hesitate to fill your plates with plenty of them. Associated with a meat in sauce, a great grandma recipe, purée is always welcome. That’s also a very efficient way to make your children eat vegetables !
You can have a look here for other purée recipes.
Parsnip puree recipe
- 1,2 kg. of parnships
- 1 kg. of potatoes
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 50 gr. of philadelphia yogurt
- 1 egg
- 20 gr. of butter
- 2 teaspoons of salt flower
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Peel, cut and wash vegetables.
- Cover with water in a large casserole dish. Add bouquet garni, sea salt and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked (around 50 minutes).
- Mash. Add philadelphia, egg, butter, salt flower and nutmeg.
- Mix and serve.
Thank you very much for reading. Follow me on social media or register to the newsletter to receive the next recipes.