Traditional recipes, like this Auvergne apple pie made with JAZZTM apples, it’s really what I prefer. They remind me of my childhood, the beginning of my existence. And today more than ever it is these beautiful values that carry me, during this return to forced sources. A return that saves us, saves us from our lives that are too hectic and offers us for a few weeks, a few months to live at another pace, out of time.
Take the time to also make the homemade puff pastry, this strange apple pie will only be tasting better.
French Auvergnate JAZZ Apple Pie recipe
- 1.2 kg JAZZ apples
- 60 gr butter
- 130 gr sugar
- 2 puff pastry (rectangle)
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C.
- Peel the JAZZTM apples, cut them in 4 and remove the core.
- Slice very thinly with the mandolin.
- Butter a mold with part of the butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Add a first layer of JAZZTM apples.
- Sprinkle with small pieces of butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Repeat the operation until all the ingredients have been used up.
- Bake for 2 hours. Set aside and let cool.
- Roll out the first puff pastry. Prick with a fork.
- Arrange the JAZZTM apples. Cover with the second paste. Brown with egg yolk with 2 tbsp. of water. Weld the edges. Decorate the dough with the tip of a knife.
- Bake at 200 ° C for 40 minutes.