What are you going to prepare for Easter? A nice table, children running for eggs, Swiss rabbits and French hens in the garden, Easter here we are! I have cooked these delicious braised lamb shank that will melt in your mouth.
My first real Easter with my daughter! I so want to see her look around to find some chocolate candies.
For this recipe, I went back to Manor. I enjoy to do my grocery shopping there when I get the chance. I love their fish and butcher shops, a lot of choices, fresh products… Everything is so tidy, ordered with pretty colors that I do not really feel like to do shopping but rather to make me happy .
At Easter in general, lamb is served. So I asked their butcher how to prepare these delicious lamb shank and I must tell you that I was largely inspired by his recipe!
Braised lamb shank recipe
- 6 lamb’s shank
- 6 carrots
- 6 onions
- 2 fresh garlic heads
- 4 branches of thyme
- 4 branches of rosemary
- 1 glass of white wine
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 120 ° C.
- Brown the lamb shank in a cast iron casserole with a good drizzle of olive oil on all sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Peel the onions, slice them. Detach the cloves from the garlic heads and crush them lightly with the flat of a knife. Peel the carrots and cut them half round.
- Deglaze the meat with the white wine.
- Remove the meat from the dish, rub the bottom of the pan well with a wooden spatula to recover all the juices. Pour the juice into a bowl, add a few turns of pepper and half a teaspoon of coarse salt.
- Fry the vegetables in a good drizzle of olive oil until the onions lightly color. Add meat, gravy, thyme and rosemary, cover and put in the oven for 3 hours. Monitor the cooking regularly and add a little water if necessary.
Leave a Reply