What could be more delicious than small madeleines filled with milk jam? Nothing, my daughter tells me that asks for it. Nothing, no, nothing, at the moment, can be so greedy.
In the winter months, we hibernate in cocooning mode in our large apartment in the city center.
With more practice, you will find this recipe quick and easy. Do not hesitate to garnish them with all kinds of jam, spread, or chestnut cream. But it must be said that with milk jam it is really tasty.
You may opt for metal molds rather than silicone molds. If I had room in my kitchen, I would treat myself to this sweet treat. I can already imagine the taste of yesteryear madeleine soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
How lucky we are human to be able to offer ourselves these tender moments of happiness, so simple and so beautiful. A return to childhood for a moment.
Madeleines recipe with milk jam
- 1 madeleine mold
- 3 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
- 125 gr softened butter and a little more for the moulds
- 150 gr flour and a little more for the moulds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 18 tsp milk jam
- Blanch the eggs with the sugar. This means mixing the eggs and sugar with a whisk until the mixture turns pale yellow (easier with a food processor or an electric mixer).
- Add the flour, baking powder and melted butter to this mixture.
- Mix and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Butter the mussels and sprinkle a little flour on the mussels. Turn them over to remove the excess flour.
- Fill the molds three-quarters full. Add a teaspoon of milk jam. Cover with a little dough.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Take out the madeleines.
- Let cool.
- Unmould the madeleines and repeat the operation until you have no more dough.
The tips of a French girl cuisine
In this section, you will learn everything you need to know to make beautiful madeleines!
- It’s the thermal shock when you put the cold dough in the oven that will make a nice dent. Result, it is important that the madeleine mold is cold and that the dough is very cold. This is why we will let the dough rest in the fridge.
- To easily take off your madeleines, it is important to butter and flour your molds before putting the dough.