I love tarts. They are really easy and fast to make. You can eat them cold or warm, as an appetizer or main course together with a green salad. The combination of ingredients is infinite. You are never limited in your creation. I start baking tarts and pie quite early. Quiche Lorraine is one of my favourite but the one below is delicious as well.
I love the smell of leeks while cooking. At first you smell their acidity and it is burning your eyes. Then they begin to caramelize and you can smell their sweetness. I was not a big fan of leeks during my childhood but now. Simply delicious.
Traditional leek tart recipe
- 450 gr sliced leeks 1 lb. or 4 leeks
- 220 gr bacon strips 1/2 lb.
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml cream 1 cup or 8.3 oz.
- 100 gr grated cheese Emmental
- 1 short crust pastry
- Wash sliced leeks.
- Fry bacon and leeks for 10 minutes in a non sticky pan.
- Add white wine and fry another 10 minutes stiring regularly and reserve.
- Pre-heat your oven to 240°C.
- Mix cream, eggs, grated cheese and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Put pastry in pie plate.
- Pour leeks on top of pastry.
- Cover with cheese, cream and egg mix.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 220°C and bake for 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply