For this new edition of the “Bataille Food”, created by the Bistro de Jenna, we have to cook chestnuts together with a white ingredient ! After And So we cook, La cuisine de Lilie is giving us a new food assignment. I will try to take up this challenge with this chestnut vermicelli tartlets recipe with Gruyère cream ! Please read the French version of this post to learn more about the Bataille Food.
Chestnut vermicelli tartlets recipe
- 160 gr. of flour
- 50 gr. of hazelnut powder
- 30 gr. of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of nut oil
- 3 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 350 gr. of chestnut purée
- 50 gr. of double cream Gruyère
- Cooking beads
- Baking paper
- 6 individual tartlet molds
- vermicelli tool
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Mix flour, hazelnut powder and sugar. Make a hole and add egg, oil and water. Knead dough. Roll out and fill in 6 tartlet molds. Prick with a fork. Cover with baking paper and fill with cooking beads. Bake for 8 minutes. Unmold and bake for another 4 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Fill the tartlets with 2 teaspoons of double cream Gruyère (or more for gourmands) and then make vermicelli using the chestnut purée. You can finish with another teaspoon of double cream Gruyère and sour cherry !